Thursday, June 24, 2010

The League

So at the comic shop they currently have a 40K league going on. What is this you might ask. Basically every 2 weeks you have to play a game. Every match will be against someone different. I think this is like the 6th match up of the league. I came into it late so I'm a little behind on games. my current record is 1-2. I won my first against Orcs, and lost the next two against Daemons and Orcs.

The league is a little sketchy for a few reasons. First, you have several days from when you find out who you play next and what army that play to basically build a counter to that list. Second, you have several days to talk to others and find out exactly what your enemy like to play in his army. This is very bad for me. I have only been playing 40K since March. So i have not played all of the armies that 40K has to offer yet. Therefor I "did" not know what it meant when someone told me "watch out for him he likes to run ALOT of blood letters." Well I do now haha. This is also bad for me because I only had 2000 points of Blood Angels. So EVERYONE knew exactly what they would be facing when they drew my name to fight.

I now have about 4500 points of Blood Angels and I'm ready to start turning my luck around.

The match ups are in and it looks like I'm facing an Eldar army. ...umm...uhhh... I don't have the first clue of what is even inside the Eldar codex much less of how to beat them. I will play them one week form today and my list is set. My game plan is to win first turn and to take out at least the 3 most intimidating things on the table. I think that if i can do this I will have a good shot of getting back on the winning side of 40K.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope everyone is excited as I am for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment