Friday, July 2, 2010

League Match #4

I was 1-2 before yesterdays match against the Eldar. I was coming off of a 2 match losing streak, I needed a win very badly.

It was 1:30 on Thursday afternoon and my opponent had finally arrived. After setting up terrain I was happy with both sides. We rolled off and he won both of the rolls to pick table side and to go first, luckily I took Brother Corbolo because I needed to seize. He set up like he expected me to seize and didn't want me to destroy him on turn one. I set up in a very aggressive position as far forward as I could. I roll to seize, I rolled a 3. Last chance. I roll and it's a 6. That was the first time I had ever done that so i was very happy.

Time to fight. I move very little just enough to avoid some of his cover saves. I shoot my Baal preds and take out four of his ten bikes. I don't know what kind they were other then they were the troop ones with a warlock attached and an HQ. I shoot four twin linked las cannons and four more las cannons from my preds and my razorbacks and I only mannage to shake three of his four transports. none of my hunter killer missiles managed to even hit, that's seven misses. This was not going good for me. His turn. He cast fortune and guide (whatever makes him re-roll hits) on his bikes and his Dire Avengers. He moves up twelve and unloads three units of Fire Dragons and a unit of Dire Avengers. He is outside of his melt range for everything but two Fire Dragons and somehow manages to wreak my Land Raider so I unload my big guys. This unit had five termys (four with t-hammers), a librarian in termy armor and storm shield, a reclusiarch, and a priest in termy armor. This unit was awesome. well after the rest of his shooting I lost no other tanks and no one from the termy squad. He decided it was best to assault my termy squad with his two Fire Dragon squads. I managed to not lose anything and kill over half of one squad and almost half of the other. They both fell back.

Turn two. I move termys into assault range, tanks very little to get better shots off, and dropped off a five man assault squad and priest that were ready to assault some fire dragons. I shoot everything again and shake two tanks/ immobilize one and kill some bikes. My shooting was going very poorly. My termys assault the unit of Fire Dragons that were above half and two tanks while my assault marines attacked another unit of fire dragons. My termy squad killed the fire dragons and blew up both transports killing one of my termys. My assault marines manage to kill the entire squad. His turn two. He moves his bikes next to my assault marines and their razorback. He shoots my assault marines and kills one. He shoots everything else and kills one more termy. He assault my termys with the dire avengers and my assault marines with his bikes. This begins a very painful next three rounds.

For the remainder of that round and the next three i was trapped in CC. I couldn't kill anything to save my life. At the end of turn five he had managed to kill my entire termy unit with a unit of dire avengers and Eldrad. I was so mad at this point. My assault marines were still alive with Brother Corbolo and they had almost finished off the bikes. My tanks had to sit by for 3 turns watching a very very bad CC display from my army.

The dice was rolled and we went on to turn six. Finally my tanks had something to shoot at, and they did just that. I unloaded everything I had into five dire avengers and eldrad, plastering their blood to the side of the terrain they were standing beside. My shooting had finally lived up to it's potential. End of six and the game was over.

Before points were added up it was clear that I had won.

I was not happy with my army by no means but was very excited to be back on the winning side of 40k.

Thanks for everyone that read this and please leave some comments to help me improve my blog and future battle reports.

Lastly, don't forget to follow my blog for all upcoming news on Teageltron's 40K experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment